=========== Deion is right, there shouldn’t be a minimum number each class, just whoever deserves 1st ballot should get votes, and just vote those only, not the top 5 or whatever it is now. But if you're looking for first-ballot possibilities, start with Luke Kuechly. Tennessee is unbeaten. The guy was all heart, with a perfect blend of lightheartedness. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Allen did play in a Super Bowl in his final stop, at Carolina, but by that time, the outdoorsmen was thinking about hanging 'em up. It’s the strangest thing. No one can name a famous play Bettis made other than choking at the goal line in Indy or just being durable and slightly above average for 12 years. And it was his fumble in the 2005 season playoffs that led to Roethilsberger making the second-most miraculous play in a Steelers play-off game. Neither has been a Hall-of-Fame semifinalist. Charles Woodson on first ballot. As a three-time All-Pro, he should gain Hall-of-Fame consideration. Cleveland Browns Close. Some big names become eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame over the next few years. Joe Thomas, left offensive tackle. Here are your options: Dwight Freeney, edge rusher. 9× Pro Bowl (1998–2001, 2008–2011, 2015) The HOF is full of these kinds of players who get in because of the 52 other guys on the team. By contrast, Davis played in 86 games (playoffs included) and Easley in 95. Two-time Super Bowl champion. Hall of fame is officially a joke now so it doesn’t matter who gets in. People calling Corey Dillon better than Bettis are smoking crack. Let them all in. The "Orange Crush" allowed all of 10.6 points per game that 1977 season, followed by 12.4 the next. If you played flag football at the YMCA you are eligible for enshrinement. NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (1998) Denver Broncos and former Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware just announced his retirement. February 6, 2020 at 8:13 pm Is Jahri not technically retired? His YPC is under 4 at 3.9. Megatron was often all Detroit had, and still he scared opponents more than any player in the NFL during his prime. He was unstoppable, the focal point of every defensive coordinator who faced the Lions. 36 total TDs isnt a HOF career. -- QB Eli Manning (2004-19). So how come he's been forgotten? But if you're looking for first-ballot possibilities, start with Luke Kuechly. Unfortunately, his name will have to be snuck onto a ballot through the "Contributor" category. In the wake of Herb Adderley's passing, Andy Fenelon reflects on the spectacular career of a true shutdown corner -- and the pain that comes with losing another great Lombardi Packer too soon. The statheads will always lose, at least on my ballot, to a simple point: If you were the top player at your position for three years running, you are a Hall of Fame player. February 7, 2020 at 12:09 pm. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. As I pointed out in an earlier post, Yanda’s resume reads much like that of guard Alan Faneca (nine Pro Bowls, eight All-Pro selections, all-decade first-team and Super Bowl champion), yet he’s been eligible for Canton for five years and still isn’t in. In his prime he was one of the best guards ever. jahri evans was more dominant than max unger. His talent was off the charts, but like Delanie Walker now, injuries derailed a great career. I think I should be added as a “special contributor”. True warrior. Gradishar called the signals and beat out strong contemporaries at the Mike, like Jack Lambert, Harry Carson and Bill Bergey, for first-team All-Pro status. The qualifiers can vary a little, but not a lot. Ware was always productive, never average, thus making him one of the most consistent pass rushers in NFL history. All that aside, how do you quantify Sabol's influence on both the league and its fans? The fact that Joe Jacoby is not in the HOF shows what a joke the whole thing is. But they would have to wait until January because they don't play in the regular season. Charles Woodson. But they would have to wait until January because they don't play in the regular season. Mankins was pretty good but played his worst in the big games. He spent the first 11 seasons with the Indianapolis Colts, with whom he led the NFL in sacks with 16 in 2004 and won an NFL title in 2006. © Maddie Meyer/Getty Images -- G Marshal Yanda (2007-19). I know, Weddle’s resume is outstanding, but is it more outstanding than, say, former safety John Lynch? I recognize that many of the those who have a vote remember names, not accomplishments. I’d like to see Darren Woodson get in finally too. I know this much, Herm Edward’s traded Jared Allen in the prime of his career, traded him the year after he led the league in sacks. Tillman was a pioneer! By 2000, Boselli was a Hall of Fame-level player with a body worse for the wear. Browns Odell Beckham Jersey Apron. Learn how your comment data is processed. A shoulder injury ultimately did him in, thus ending a brilliant career after seven seasons. One of the most dominant players at his position for 12 years. Here is the list of first-year eligible candidates for the Hall of Fame as compiled by Clark Judge of the Talk of Fame Network: Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Protesters clash on streets of DC amid vote tallies, Chipotle struggles with staffing as coronavirus cases rise. The Hall of Fame has a five-year waiting period after retirement before a player can be nominated, so Thomas will be eligible for induction in 2023. © 2020 NFL Enterprises LLC. Two-time Super Bowl MVP. Kuechly played in 125 games, including the playoffs, and started all of them. I know he won’t get in but SJ39 might have been the scariest running back of his generation. Jacoby owns 3 rings on 3 completely different Skins teams and was elite in the NFC for easily 10 years. Witten played 15 seasons for the Dallas Cowboys and became the franchise’s all-time leading receiver. There's no better NFL rivalry than Ravens-Steelers. As far as next years class goes,peyton manning and Charles Woodson are 1st ballot HOFers. DE Julius Peppers -- LB Luke Kuechly (2012-19). Ballots were collected this week, and I’d be shocked if Yanda isn’t named to the first team. Peyton Manning no. This is just becoming a money making event for the Hall, instead of inducting just the “elite” players. Toughest decisions will be guys like Kyle Williams who played near a pro-bowl level their whole career but never received much fanfare. 2021: C. Johnson, Manning, Woodson I would rather see the first female official in NFL history … Sarah Thomas in the HOF before some of those players listed. And then, you see names heralded at the same position. Was he also a HOF performer? I’m not too familiar with Logan mankins. Jason Witten, tight end. This guy is not fit as a professional to be considered in the HOF unless we start making EVERYONE eligible. Not a member? Jared Allen, Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson and Logan Mankins should all be locks to get in next year. But tell me: How many at or near the top of that list do you consider legitimate first-ballot candidates? But Jim Trotter says two young quarterbacks could spice up this year's proceedings. But if a players career stats are solid and all time, just because the teams they were on failed to have Tom Brady, it shouldn’t DQ them from the Hall. The Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs are steaming toward a collision, ranking 1-2 this week in Rick Gosselin's NFL rankings. The way it’s going, just about anyone who wants to get in! Is this the best version of Patrick Mahomes yet? Not first ballot worthy. Think I'll stop there. There's no better NFL rivalry than Ravens-Steelers. 2022: Boldin, Smith, Ware, Wilfork (maybe) Bettis still 7th in career rushing yards(he was 5th when he retired), was Rookie of the Year, Comeback Player of the Year, 2 time All-Pro (1st team), Won the Walter Payton Award, rushed for over 1300 yards 3 times (including 1,665 yards in 15 games in 1997, he sat out the last game of the year). Two Pro Bowler. Peyton Manning Bottom line: The Class of 2025 is deep and getting deeper. Combine your love of grilling and the Browns with this NFL Player Apron from Party Animal! If it doesn’t, they’re not in the HOF. The Cleveland Browns made Thomas the third overall selection of the 2007 draft and he went to the Pro Bowl in each of his first 10 seasons – a major accomplishment given the fact the Browns never had a winning season in those 10 years. Following an unsteady 25-23 victory over the one-win Giants, the Buccaneers improved to 6-2. Not when his general manager, Bill Polian, provided him with the running back gift that kept on giving. GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. An announcement from the Hall is expected next month. Named an All-Pro in all but one of his eight NFL seasons – including five first-team inclusions -- he was also the league’s Defensive Rookie of the Year and its Defensive Player of the Year. -- S Eric Weddle (2007-19). TE Rob Gronkowski The next most eligible is Yanda, and his resume is almost as imposing. Although Denver fell short that day, don't blame the defense. Follow Elliot Harrison on Twitter @HarrisonNFL. But then what? Peyton Manning was the only lock I saw from all those names. Eli!! FILE - In this Dec. 29, 2013, file photo, Oakland Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson (24) talks with Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) after an NFL football game in Oakland, Calif. Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson are among 14 first-year eligible candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It’s ridiculous. So who will be Megatron's Jeff Goldblum? This weekend, the Pro Football Hall of Fame will enshrine the Class of 2017 in Canton, Ohio. Then there’s Manning, and he’s the most intriguing figure of this group. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Jared Allen The former head of the league's officiating department has a novel ... and drastic ... suggestion for the NFL. He would receive another Pro Bowl invite in 1998 -- his 10th season -- after winning his second straight Super Bowl ring. 4× Second-team All-Pro (2000, 2008, 2010, 2015) Steve Sabol. Most of these guys would barely make a pro bowl. They're about to demonstrate why. Calvin Johnson? He didn’t miss a game -- didn’t even mis a practice – in those first 10 seasons. 10 in 2012. Shop this Item. Gates hasn’t technically retired but, at 37 years of age, remains unemployed since the Los Angeles Chargers made him a salary-cap casualty this offseason. In his first two seasons, James racked up 881 -- 881! The only thing I can think of is the media liked a player more than another. Ken Riley, the CB from the Bungles in the 70s and early 80s? Two-time first-team All-Pro. The Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee has been embracing first-ballot candidates of late, electing three in the Class of 2018 and two more in the Class of 2017. Year 2024 & 2025 = All First Ballots…ZERO!!! Atwater averaged nearly 150 tackles per season from 1989 to 1993, while making the Pro Bowl or All-Pro from Years 2 to 8. DE/LB Dwight Freeney I give him a .500 shot of getting in. People liked his personality and his nickname and he played for the Steelers. 2× NFL interceptions leader (2009, 2011) I know hes good and remember his name with pro bowl honors but just by hearing his name as an offensive lineman, he must have been doing something right.

Jake Brennan 2020 Age, Jessica Meraz Married, Arma 3 Dynamic Recon Ops Dedicated Server, Epic Mickey Emulator, Lewis Collins Wife Michelle Larrett, I Don't Know What I've Been Told Funny, Valerie Velardi Wiki, A Student Randomly Guesses On 10 True Or False Questions, Barkha Roy Wikipedia, Sully Online Hd, Isaac Kappy Breaking Bad Role, Hu Ge Car Accident, Turkey Drop Full Movie, Jim Calhoun Height, Freddie Mcgregor Wife, High Noon Vs White Claw, The Bremen Town Musicians Summary, Retro 51 For Sale, Kzinti Name Generator, Film Creed 1 Netflix, Richard Cabral Net Worth 2019, Nebraska Deer Permit 2019, What Does Iyk Mean Slang, Trident Symbol Fortnite Copy And Paste, Modoc County Cities, Cracked Servers Like Hypixel, Whp Tv Schedule, Lance Cabo 200i Forum, Sully Online Hd, Sims 4 Cc Tumblr, Kennett Online Yard Sales, Unturned Modern Gun Mods, Thesis Statement For Stay At Home Moms, Lake Dubay Fishing Report 2020, Devontae Booker 40 Time, French Bulldog Mix Puppies For Adoption, How To Get Wish Cash, Round Gift Boxes Wholesale, Chelsea Roy Ex Husband, Love For Rent, Erica Rivinoja South Park, The Maga Doctrine Wiki, Persuasive Essay Vce, Wyca Kaash Paige Lyrics, Cicadas 2020 Ohio, Dunelm Bryony Chandelier, Katya Leick Instagram, Archana Mehta Manu Raju, Prophet Name Generator, Shot Down Khalid Meaning, Tenchi Muyo Gxp Midnight Sun Lyrics, Netone Account Locked, Edexcel Exam Timetable 2021, Domani Harris Lashon Dixon, Cave Cave Deus Videt Owl, 123movies Watchers 1988, Memorare In French, How To Tell If An Older Woman Likes You, Does Paige Desorbo Have A Brother, Algebra Formula Chart, Nellie Bertram Quotes, Hostel 3 Ending, Right Hand Man Something Rotten Piano, Happy Meal Toys Schedule 2020, Exotic Sheep Hunts, Steven Stayner Interview, Brianna Wu Husband, Tony Hrkac Wife, Palabras Que Signifiquen Fuerza Y Poder, The Zahir Ending Explained, Lisan Goines Wikipedia, We Shall See Jesus Pdf, Denzel Meaning Urban Dictionary, Is There A Problem With Telus Optik Tv, How Many Days Until August 20 2020, Pour Toujours, Plus Un Jour Saison 1, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix Full Movie Online Youtube, Alan Eustace Jump Cost, How To Tell If A Cottonwood Tree Is Dying, 1956 Chevys For Sale Craigslist, Essay On Christmas In Spanish,

MasiotaMasiota