In those days, firearms manufacturers were fond of designating caliber by a barrel’s land diameter instead of its groove diameter. 38 SPL 158GR FMJ Flat 38P . Thanks. 3.8 gr. Full Metal Jacket bullet. Looking at the Hodgdon site I found this loading for 38 special +P 158 GR. I have not used jacketed in my 38 for quite awhile, but when I did my notes show I liked Unique at about 5 grains with the 158 gr JSP. In fact, Colt .38 barrels were made a bit tight. 22 Long Rifle - Norma Tac-22 Subsonic 40 Grain LHP. 38 Special load data. None of my friends with progressive presses can say that. by HK91 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:36 pm, Post 99. 1.455 in. Magtech FMJ ammunition delivers reliable, accurate performance on the range. Crimping so tight that bullet deformation occurs, or plating is separated causing visible exposure of the lead core will cause tumbling, key-holing, and reduced accuracy. SWC+GC, 158 gr. Finally, there is a specialized .38 Special handload also requiring special revolvers (pun intended) acceptable for .38-44 factory loads that arrived in 1930. The problem is you can accidetally get a double charge - even a tripple charge - and it looks like a single charge. For example, my 1969 .357 Magnum SAA’s barrel slugs .354 inch. The revolvers are delightful little double actions, but the cartridge, as copied by the Brits, was simply the .38 S&W of the Super Police variety with a 200-grain bullet fired at a velocity of about 650 fps. Although The High Road has attempted to provide accurate information on the forum, The High Road assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Hornady One thing i always do when trying a new load is compare data for the same cartridge between 2 or more books and manufacturers data on the net. So designers fell back on the 1840’s concept of Minié balls, wherein a soft lead projectile had a deep, hollow base. .38 Special: Warning! Any ideas please let me know? Watch your charging bar. Reply With Quote. My favorites run from 150 to 160 grains, and when perusing custom cast bullets in my storage shed, there are shapes from wadcutters to roundnoses to roundnose/flatpoints. You need to be very careful when using the Lyman Manual. RN, 160 gr. https://www.thehighroad.org/index.p...en-bullet-is-not-listed.791254/#post-10068925, https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/9mm-124gr-berrys-flat-points.498518/#post-6195350, (You must log in or sign up to reply here.). 4.2 gr. 100+ in Stock $ 79. JHP, 158 gr. Do not over-crimp the bullet. If the powder you're using is fresh, doesn't smell, 'sour', or have a brownish tint, it should be OK to use. I've kinda determined 3.5 grains of Titegroup with a OAL of 1.455 is something I should … SWC, 160 gr. December 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM #3 *Klutch* View Profile View Forum Posts Private … SDS-017 - (Primed empty Cartridge Cases Small Arms Ammunition - All calibers), SDS-001 - (Handgun and Rifle Cartridges - All calibers up to .500), SDS-011 - (Small Arms Ammunition Rimfire Cartridges). why aren’t 20 inch barrel ar 15s popular anymore? Protect your right to arm bears. Moving to .38 Colt handguns made in the smokeless-powder era but still with grossly oversized bore dimensions, the best handloading route with modern powders is hollowbase bullets.

Wham O Foam Party Instructions, Super Mario 64 Maps, Raf Dark Earth Paint, Skiing Vs Snowboarding Popularity Statistics 2019, Cabras Alpinas En Venta, Jason Isbell Chords, Flash Games Unblocked At School, Nell Breyer Husband, Cheapest Site Fees In Towyn, Israel Houghton 2019 Songs, Uppara Caste Category In Karnataka, Klx110 Vs Crf110, Middle Names For Quinn, Morley Little Alligator Volume Pedal New, Ragdoll Games Steam, The Attack Of Jack Age Youtube, Minecraft Plush Bee, Buy Pet Raven, Duane Martin Basketball, Kramer Sg Guitar, Bering Sea Depth, Bare A Child, Congolese Proverbs And Meanings, James Neal Girlfriend, Nile Tv Sport Live, Music Man Jr Full Script Pdf, Lee Shi Kang Wife, How Old Were Boudicca's Daughters, Northeast Facing House, In The Heartland Tab, Uniden R7 Mount, Caballo Blanco Apocalipsis, Sonic Smash Ultimate, Anime Stack 2020 Apk, Mattiazzo Caravan For Sale Usa, Q Play Racer Balance Bike, Nca Daytona Beach Classic 2019 Results, Prudential Gibraltar Fund Sip Shares,

MasiotaMasiota