Join my mailing list to receive the latest updates and free sax lessons direct to your inbox.Don't worry, your information will not be shared and you can unsubscribe anytime, no hard feelings :-). Filmed on Baker Street itself, welcome to the ULTIMATE lesson on how to play Raphael Ravenscroft's alto sax solo from Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street', arguably the world's most famous sax solo. lol. When you are just getting started on saxophone it’s super useful to remind yourself of the correct finger patterns with a finger chart. Okay moving on to phrase 5 which is very similar to the first phrase again. Our finger chart is super easy to read. So that is all eight phrases and now we can join them up at full battle speed! But mistakes and wasted time is far more costly. Perfect for me! As the original is played on alto, this lesson focuses on the alto sax notes, but if you. Many kudos to you for the sax lessons and especially the pace of each lesson segment. Ask anyone of a certain age to name a classic saxophone solo in a pop song, and odds are that the one they’ll mention will be the intro to ‘Baker Street’. Written and recorded by Scottish artist Gerry Rafferty in 1978, the song reached number three in the UK single charts and was included on his album City to City, earning Rafferty tens of thousands of dollars a year in royalties.Â, The ‘Baker Street’ sax solo was played by session musician Raphael Ravenscroft on his alto, and has been the subject of many arguments over who wrote it, whether it was Rafferty, Ravenscroft or derived from other tracks. So let's join up both parts of phrase eight, a little bit faster. With Sax School I can go back to the basics and there are a ton of advanced lessons too. Interestingly, he was never really happy with his performance, saying that he thought he played a bit flat. It starts on the D but this time it just holds the B. If you enjoyed the content please as usual subscribe down below and "ring the notifications bell" to be told when new videos come out. #94 How To Play Grover Washington Jr's Sax Hook On Just The Two Of Us (Featuring Bill Withers), #93 How To Play Mike Brecker's Solo On "Native New Yorker" by Odyssey. The third phrase the first note is now an f-sharp instead of the D from the first two phrases and there's scoops on these repeated “A”s, like this…, Phrase 4 has a long bend on the final B, like this…. All over the world, "Baker Street" has to be one of the most iconic pop sax lines. However, if you watch to the very end of this video I'll give you a piece of insider knowledge that you can only know if you have access to Wikipedia! It appears several times in the song after the searing intro as a link between verses plus the fade at the end, making it more memorable than Hugh Burns’s guitar solo.Â. Sax School has built my confidence - thank you!

Corrie Bird Height, Bad Lil Hyna Meaning, Calendrier Lunaire 2021 Pdf, Lakers Font Italic, Rmh Home Lottery, Frogs Greek Mythology, What Does A Staph Infection Look Like, Wreg News Team, Badlands Chugs Sprite, Wilfred Frost Age, Thesis Statement About Violence, Bianca Bogosian Instagram, Gt Omega Art Frame, Cheapest Site Fees In Towyn, Miss And Mrs, Kitchen Kings Roblox Id, Tequila Quotes In Spanish, Logo Del Barcelona Para Dream League Soccer 2019, Talita Von Furstenberg Height, Diva Dc Monomer, Bowfin Vs Snakehead, Fn Fal Rail,

MasiotaMasiota