Third of Isaac's wells, called so because after that the wells Esek ("contention") and Sitnah ("hatred"), which his men had dug, the Gerar herdsmen would not let him keep peaceably, now at last his good has overcome their evil, and God makes room for him. If you ever need to establish a chapter of you Church in my Country, Nigeria; I’ll be ready to represent you here. Bible Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Sitnah Sitnah [N] [H] [S] strife, the second of the two wells dug by Isaac, whose servants here contended with the Philistines (Genesis 26:21). God bless u. It was in this climate that this group of colonists were inspired by the story of Isaac and his wells. Isaac’s enemies came and laid claim to that well, too, however. One of these places, now called Rehuibeh, was a popular choice for Rehoboth in the past but modern archeological consensus appears to be that it was actually settled in the Roman period, much later. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Strife, the second of the two wells dug by Isaac, whose servants here contended with the Philistines (Genesis 26:21).It has been identified with the modern Shutneh, in the valley of Gerar, to the west of Rehoboth, about 20 miles south of Beersheba. Over the years, He has been true to His word and our years of labor have proven just that. strife, the second of the two wells dug by Isaac, whose servants here contended with the Philistines ( Genesis 26:21 ). God had “made room” for them and, like Isaac and the subsequent Israelites, they could be “fruitful” (Genesis 26:22) in the land. He moved on from there and dug another well, and no one quarreled over it. All rights reserved. Despite that, a place called Rehoboth is mentioned twice more in the bible: once earlier in the story and once later. Is Eliezer Abraham’s Servant in Genesis 24? Be our patron for as little as one dollar a month: https://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Sitnah.html, The Passion of the Christ and the Theory of Everything, The Fate of Our World: The Bible, AI and Cryptocurrency. 1 Chronicles 1:48. An ancient city on the Euphrates ( Genesis 36:37; 1 Chronicles 1:48), "Rehoboth by the river." broad places. Sitnah (שִׂטְנָה) is mentioned in Genesis 26:21 I don’t believe this proper name is mentioned anywhere else, so finding an exact meaning is unlikely. These three wells– Esek, Sitnah, and Rehoboth– were called out by name in the bible, and yet only the name Rehoboth appears again. It's unclear where our noun comes from, but candidates are: the verb שוט (sut), to swerve or fall away, or the verb שטה (sata), to turn aside. It was a pivotal battle for the wells, between the Turk/German alliance and the Australians. --lier-in-wait; adversary; enemy; opponent; opposer; persecutor; enmity; accusation; strife; hatred.A well that was dug by Isaac's herdsmen in Gerar of the Philistines, for which the herdsmen of Gerar strove with Isaac's herdsmen (Gen. 26:21; "that is, Enmity," margin).. Meta. It was founded in 1890 by Jews from Poland and Yemen. SITNAH. On the other hand, it also is unlikely to be related to the Rehoboth built by Nimrod. (ee' ssehk) Place name meaning, “strife.”. It had been a generation since the founding of Plymouth colony and the world was changing rapidly. Naves Topical Bible "Entry for 'SITNAH'". Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. Salem Media Group. The Philistines did not contend for Rehoboth. I think I’m in love with Rehoboth Ministries & will love to be affiliated with you. I have found many references to different sites in Israel that were purported to be one or more of the wells, but none of them hold up to scrutiny. Coat of Many Colors – A Geek and the Bible, Earliest Biblical Commentary: The Pesharim of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Purim in the Bible – Part 4: Esther’s Victory, Spooky Things in the Bible: The Ghost of Samuel, the Witch of Endor, and the Death of King Saul, Purim in the Bible – Part 3: The End of Haman, Chayei Sarah – The Life (and Death) of Sarah. Noun שטנה (sitna) denotes a kind of written or formal notice that aims to stop a certain proceeding; something like a modern Cease And Desist notice.

Viu Web Series 18, The Crew 2 Monster Truck Pro Settings, Rakim Wife Pics, Nick Kerr Instagram, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Quotes On Motherhood, Diva Dc Monomer, The Medusa And The Snail Ap Essay, Un Jour Ailleurs Liquidation, Nelson Peltz First Wife, Katrina Bowden Parents, Ranger Suv State Of Decay 2, Accuracy International Magazines, Poe Int Stacking Build, Critical Skills List Australia, System 76 Adder Review, Ashes Game Farming, Flint Rock Farms, Alaina Shearer Wnci, Simeon Niger Simon Of Cyrene, Shumard Oak Pros And Cons, Jim Mckay Attorney, Wickliffe Police Scanner, Kelly Chen Husband, Kenneth Coleman Net Worth, Rook Piercing Swollen And Throbbing, 4 Fundaciones De Guadalajara, Diya Butterfly Soup Jacket, Can I Use Cash App Card In Canada, Boat Trailer License Ohio, Emily Eavis Net Worth, Benefits Of Cinnamon And Honey For Fertility, How To Install A Lenco Transmission, Betty Nguyen Salary, A Walk To Remember 1 Corinthians 13, Joshy Express Promo Code, Puns About Parks, Le Passeur Résumé Par Chapitre, Carbs In Aperol Spritz, Armadillo Hole In Yard, True Stories Of Cheating Partners, Armadillo Hole In Yard, Sapporo Bière De Riz, Drip Instagram Captions, How To Get The True Ending In Piggy Chapter 12, My Irish Bonnie Lass Lyrics, Roger Stone Net Worth, Who Plays Russell Borchard In Community, Aquamarine Movie 2, John And Lisa Churros Recipe, Roborock S5 Mapping, Horizontal Loading Progress Bar In Android, Should I Watch Death And Rebirth Before End Of Evangelion, Tabaxi Jump Distance, Monster Fish Show Cyril, John Brodie Houston, Emma Daybell Murray Teacher, The Hobbit The Battle Of The Five Armies Google Drive, Funny Astronaut Quotes, In Another World With My Smartphone Japanese Name, Okko's Inn English Dub, Haywire Ending Explained, Manu Militari Vrai Nom, Do I Have Mommy Or Daddy Issues Quiz, Walmart Electric Bike, Tara Summers Married, Dryad Name Generator, Arsenal Dls Kit, The Crucible Thesis Statement Examples, How Many Levels In Homescapes 2020, La Doña 2 Streaming, Montclair, Ca Police Scanner, Morrisons Frozen Jacket Potatoes, Ax Men Stacey Death, Fallout 76 Honeycomb, Non Examples Of Precipitate, Malonic Acid Pka, The Market For Coffee Worksheet Answer Key, Beachcomber Surf Cam, Headliner Backer Board Material, Michael Pearce Firefighter, Bolivian Amarali Boa For Sale, Ark Parasaur Egg, Fallout 76 Can't Discover Beckley, Laurens County, Sc Drug Bust, Martin Matte Conjointe Vicky, Yo Soy La Viudita La Hija Del Rey, Thesis Statement For Thomas Jefferson Essay, Noah Perez Chris Perez Son, Gabe Brown Herbicide, Aria Birch Parents, Museleo Design Philippines, Serial Podcast Summary Episode 4, Learn Emirati Arabic Pdf, Terror En Chernobyl Cinecalidad, Degrassi Darcy Death, Frog Boats Bc, Ice Cream Cake Strain,

MasiotaMasiota