Click the link below to access our online store. ANY BULLY SHOWING MY BLOODLING IN HIS PEDIGREE WAS NOT MY DOING. Hemphill eventually kept only dogs of the red-nosed strain. ​At Anchor Chain Kennels we are devoted to breeding only the absolute best line bred American Pit Bull Terriers of past and present. To many fanciers, these red-nosed individuals are Old Family Red Noses even though the great preponderance of their blood is that of other strains. That is a fact! NOTE: Any elements that you drag into the dashed area below will appear near the bottom of all your pages. But the name American (Pit) Bull Terrier has become part of that tradition we were talking about, and I think most of us prefer to keep it as a formal name for the breed. - OFRN History - We are a small Kennel specializing in the OFRN (Old Family Rednose) APBT (American Pitbull Terrier) and its crosses. The appearance of the red-nosed dogs always attracts attention, but it takes a little getting used to for some people to consider them truly beautiful. Menefee and Wallace, to mention just a few. However, as Wallace said, the red noses should not be considered invincible either. Others consider any dog that just happens to have a red nose to be pure Old Family Red Nose. This is due to "fad breeders" cashing in on producing dogs for the "fad market". However, I don't believe many people are in favor of changing the name of the breed even though it is not strictly an American breed. We breed for "The Total Dog"   Agility, Conformation, Strength, Drive, and most of all TEMPERAMENT. He looks no more out of place in the ancient landscapes of 16th century paintings than he does in the ultra-modern setting. Always with his ear to the ground regarding anything that involved APBT's, McCoy got wind of the fact that an old Frenchman in Louisiana by the name of Bourgeous had preserved the old Lightner red-nosed strain. Every once in a while there will be a bigger than my average, but not often. So he and Bob Hemphill went to that area, and with the aid of Gaboon Trahan of Lafayette, they secured what was left of the dogs. We also support the EBA. Extra area to hold elements that you want to appear on every page just below the nav bar. '&utmxhash='+escape(h.substr(1)):'')+'" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">')})(); About Us Welcome to Big Kuntry Kennels where we specialize in producing some of the top Apbt in the country using the Deadlift, Travis, Mayday, Barracuda, Destroyer, and Cottinghams Bear Jr. and Redman strain dogs. 1st pick available male from Kimbo x Saga ready to go home TODAY! If Let Me introduce myself...I am Rebecca Daniels, owner of A Heart Of Stone Kennel. The strain was subsequently saved for posterity and in the 1950's became the fashionable strain in Pit Bull circles. It has always seemed to me that the good old Pit Bull is a breed that is at once primitive and futuristic. The pedigrees found at Anchor Chain are of the best Grand Champion Purple Ribbon Bred Bloodlines you will find. Back to the Old Family Reds. Old strains are a particularly fascinating part of this tradition, and the Old Family Red Nose is one of the better-known old strains. Ours is a breed that has a definite mystique. mentor and where my dogs came from. utmx_section("Business Footer"). Our APBT's compete in many different canine sporting events all across the world. Copyright © 2016 Dogwebz.com All Rights Reserved. 25 + years of Located in South Louisiana. WE SHIP ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! You will not find any bullies here, only true APBT! Southern Inferno's Rogue Catching a big sow. Many stains have been crossed with the Old Family Reds at some time in their existence. The breed does not really belong to anyone country or even anyone era! In those days, pedigrees were privately kept and jealously guarded. Finally, as McNolty said in his 30-30 Journal (1967) "Regardless of one's historical perspective, these old amber-eyed, red-nosed, red-toe-nailed, red-coated dogs represent some of the most significant pit bull history and tradition that stands on four legs today.". Apparently, he was an itinerant fry cook and not much of a success in life judged by normal standards, but he didn't care about that. breeding experience! For one thing, the term "family dogs" was used in two ways: It could mean a strain of dogs that was a family unto itself that was kept by a number of unrelated people in Ireland, or it could refer to a strain of dogs that was kept and preserved through the years by a family group. Puppies available now off Poppy x Biggie!!! WE APPRECIATE YOUR FEED BACK ON OUR PIT BULL PUPPIES AND RED NOSE PITBULL FOR SALE ALL THE TIME! If it says MORELL'S that is a person OUR PITBULL KENNEL BREEDS ONLY THE TOP QUALITY RED NOSE PITBULLS TO THE BEST RED NOSE PITBULLS POSSIBLE WITH NO EXCEPTIONS. We follow a very strict vaccination and d-worming program.

MasiotaMasiota