She stars alongside Martin Compston (Line of Duty) and Sophie Rundle (Peaky Blinders) in the five-part drama that continues this weekend and concludes on Easter Monday. “At the end, the very final moment, I think I probably would have done what she did,” she says. Splitting her time between London, where she stays with friends when auditioning for the next role, and home in Stirling, Mack thinks she has the best of both worlds. Mirren Mackenzie. When I was younger I was really annoyed I was only allowed one life, only allowed one thing to do at a time, that my favourite food would always be fajitas, never parma violet sweets, or I’d never get to be a person who grew up with loads of dogs. It was a real eye-opener to discover how many people could see themselves reflected in Florence. “I was a bit shy to say it to her face,” she says, and laughs. When I was growing up I didn’t really know what was going on. ; Name * “So to be able to live different lives and be a voice for people who have stories to tell but haven’t because they’re living it, or can’t, it feels like a bit of magic. She has since been cast in The Beast of Blue Yonder, the latest play from award-winning writer Philip Ridley. See Photos. Mirren Mack Wiki. After completing high school, she stepped into the Scottish film industry for growing her acting career further. Directed by Andy de Emmony and Simen Alsvik (Lilyhammer), produced by Clare Kerr (The Replacement, Shetland) and featuring Compston (Line of Duty, Mary Queen of Scots) and Rundle (Peaky Blinders, Gentleman Jack), the cast of The Nest has a roll call of talent that saw Mack enjoy a masterclass of acting: Shirley Henderson (Stan and Ollie, Happy Valley), Katie Leung (Strangers), David Hayman (Hatton Garden) Fiona Bell (Shetland) James Harkness (The Victim, The English Game), Bailey Patrick (Bodyguard), Kate Dickie (Game of Thrones, Our Ladies) and Paul Brannigan (Under The Skin). Mirren Mack is well known as a Scottish actress and television personality who is very popular for her movies and series. Its opening at Southwark Playhouse has been postponed because of the pandemic. I love speaking someone’s words, telling a really good story, being a really good complex character.”. Currently, she is in her 20s who has already accomplished a lot in her acting career. I worried I might not speak like the other students and I was a wee bit nervous about holding myself in conversations. It’s exciting,” she says. It was really emotional because this part of Scotland is so rich with life and I’m standing there after a couple of years at drama school, finally doing what I love more than anything else in the world, here in this place that I also love. Mirren Mack is passionate about acting and dancing since her childhood who used to participate in various competitions during her school days. She was featured in the popular Netflix series named BBC one The Nest which is very popular among the people. And if this 18-year old wants money and opportunities in exchange for using her womb, is that OK? I mainly eat, but I cook too, anything with a yellow label in the reduced section I’ll make into a dish and I’m going to see if I can give up meat because of climate change. I was worried about going away with the school in case people weren’t kind and she told me to be joyful, to laugh at yourself and protect yourself by taking it lightly. And things like being up on top of a tower block roof looking over the whole of Glasgow, that was totally magic. And what is the true price, are all questions The Nest explores. With a beautiful house overlooking the sea, successful careers, the couple have the perfect life and everything they want, except a baby. Moreover, she is the most talented and hardworking actress who is still busy growing her acting career furthermore. “Everyone has their own motive. “One of the things I loved most about filming it was that it was a beautiful showcase of Glasgow,” she said. If I was walking past and saw lights I would definitely have stood and had a wee nosey. “My friends in London are really kind. “There’s so much history – Stirling Castle, Wallace, Mary, Queen of Scots. She’s flying, with feet firmly on the ground. Mirren Mack reveals why Portrait Artist of the Year was more nerve-racking than being on stage. But Kaya is a young woman who wants her own life, so it is something she wants to hide, not her closest ally.”. Kaya is a clever, driven young woman who will do what she can to have a better life. “He was like a four-year-old boy, REALLY excited,” and her face morphs into her dad’s, being a child, delighted at his windfall. As well as the story-telling family occupations, Mack was surrounded by a sense of the past in her hometown, and would love to film there. Mack and her sister Molly grew up with an actor father, Billy Mack, and a drama tutor/actor mother, Callan. “We were bred into it,” she says, and laughs. Mirren Mack: how eight-hour bus trips put Nest star on road to success This article is more than 6 months old The Scottish actress on why the themes of … In the end William Wallace was hung, drawn and quartered.”. After two prize-winning years there – including Batboy and Godspell in the Citizens’ Theatre, a Dewar Arts Award in 2017 meant she could take up a place at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, which she left last year. “There’s one point when I’m on a rooftop looking out over this amazing city. “I’ve only seen the first episode and I can’t wait to see how it’s turned out. “I couldn’t afford to simply get on the train the night before an audition and stay in a hotel,” she said. In Glasgow the filming often attracted onlookers, one of whom could easily have been Mack herself, were she not in it. “I [later] realised that people’s lives can be both amazing and difficult, no matter where they come from, but I do find it interesting that me and others had to sort of rely on the kindness of strangers to get where we were, whereas some people could do that for themselves or thanks to their family’s money.”. See Photos. However, she hasn’t shared any info regarding her parents and siblings on the internet. After weeks of lockdown, the Sky Arts favourite was a real change of pace. Mack plays Kaya, a struggling 18-year-old from Possil in Glasgow, whose chance encounter with a wealthy couple changes all of their lives, the consequences played out over five hour-long episodes. Save Mirren Mack … “I remember what Shirely Henderson said about finding joy and love outside your work for times when you don’t have a job and also what my mum said to me. She came from a middle-class family whose parents were very supportive of her. It was a really beautiful portrayal of the pain and joy, how life is a bit of a seesaw and you can’t get one without the other.”. She played the Scottish schoolgirl, filmed while she was still studying at Guildhall School School of Music and Drama in London. “I hadn’t realised how much of a massive team effort it is to make a world,” she says. It’s one with a good wee story. How much can money buy? Although her upbringing in Scotland meant she understood the acting world – her father acts in repertory theatre and her mother teaches drama – she still had some concerns about fitting in. Mirren Mack plays an 18-year old faced with a dilemma in BBC 1's The Nest. Reading the script, I was constantly jumping between whose side I was on.”. My mum’s played her and I’m named after William Wallace’s wife Mirren. “It’s very odd being on the other side of it all. From a young age Mack was on stage and in 5th year at high school in Stirling auditioned for the Dance School of Scotland’s Musical Theatre course at Knightwood. It was liked by the viewers and fans. “A deal is struck and it’s about how their lives intertwine from then on,” says Mack. “There was some hot weather acting in freezing cold weather. “I don’t know at the moment what’s ahead. Log In. “It was my first television role and I was terrified on my first day. Also I noticed later how the artwork and textiles included cuckoo images, and how themes were reflected in every element of the production. After she graduated, The Nest came along and this time Mack was able to really soak up the experience of being on set for a prolonged period, seeing how the crew worked as a unit. It was such a gift.”. I’m not going to do the Braveheart version, ‘cos it’s not entirely accurate although it’s still a good film and makes me tear up. Did Mack share this opinion with Henderson on set? Filmed in and around Glasgow, in Cove on Gareloch and at the Devil’s Pulpit near her Stirling home, Mack was delighted to be filming back in Scotland on home turf, speaking in her own accent.

Reggie Jackson Wife, Elan Mastai Wife, Syfy Face Off Dvd Box Set, Courage In Greek Tattoo, Grilled Swordfish Recipes With Mayonnaise, Elsa Aguirre Height, Rachel Maddow Partner, What Did Malos Say To Jin, Reference Number Finder, Decathlon Bikes Review, David Steinberg Wife, Underwater Cthulhu Wiki, Black Brant Decoys, Caribbean Last Names, Kate Hodge Net Worth, Lego Batman Game Suits, Cj Jones Fun Facts, Nc700x Tail Bag, Sofia Pernas This Is Us Character, Adeiny Hechavarria Net Worth, Citi C12 Salary, Pygmy Possum Pet For Sale, Csr Racing 2 Unblocked, Marjorie Tiven Husband, Mallory Pugh Ethnic Background, Roger Creager Children, Venus Fly Trap Kit, Elise Eberle Movies And Tv Shows,

MasiotaMasiota