The SNES and PSX versions are the same game (March of the Black Queen). Well definitely not the SNES, because the UK was treated like it didn't exist in terms of JRPGs during that era. I thought Legend of Legaia was trash so I omitted that one. Now that I have the game and I'm going to play it, I'll start editing the first post, noting the main differences as I play. SNES because I played more of them and the ones I did play are amongst my favorite ever. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen. I saw some videos of the SNES version and it seemed like the N64 one, but slower. I'd say the PSP is the best version by far, but I think I would prefer the original SNES overall. It was a much harder version and I find myself missing the way the level ups and stats used to work sometimes. A random battle at Tynemouth Hill never was so cool before with such a soundtrack. 3ds: 4313-1048-6057 #StrikeAPose Kof Team - Shermie | Kyo | Leona. If you're a completist and/or perfectionist and like the idea of making the 'best game possible' by reloading saves to get better items, finish battles better and correct mistakes, etc, then the PS1 version is definitely handy. The only things truly Ogre-ish about Ogre Battle are the game's size, complexity, and ability to devour time in huge increments. Grandia, suikoden, xenogears, ffvii. Holy in name alone, the oppressive empire rules through brute military force and controlling fear. It also had other great games and many more which were japan only (Bahamut Lagoon, Fire Emblem 3-5, Rudora no Hihou, Romancing Saga 3). Why the fuck is Terra on the front cover of the game? Ogre Battle's story is far from original, especially for a strategy game. How do you get lower ali characters from fighters from the beginning of the game. Why go for AGI when you can use Necro and Retissue xD, The western version in snes and ps1 had some serious, TIL the final boss has another "ultimate attack" (spoilers), One Vision Overhaul Mod, and a Guide for New Folks. For those of you who don't know how to use these codes, I'll try to explain it pretty quickly. ><. There's something really charming about the PSX's graphics as well, they're dated but pleasing at the same time. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Back in 1995, the now defunct Enix of America quietly shipped a paltry 25,000 copies of Ogre Battle, one of Japan's premiere strategy games on the SNES. I'll go with the PS1. SNES had the better heavy hitters. I wrote this FAQ for people who like to use codes on Ogre Battle, so please feel free to use these codes however you like. Final Fantasy VIII is awesome as well, easily in my top 5. You will deploy attack units - each sporting a leader and a handpicked combination of monsters or infantry - to liberate the besieged countryside. Deathlike2's Ogre Battle Unit Analysis Version 2.12 dlfaqs@gmail.com first posted on 6/25/07 last updated on 1/20/09 ----- Introduction ----- There hasn't been many guides for this game dealing unit analysis. Back in 1995, the now defunct Enix of America quietly shipped a paltry 25,000 copies of Ogre Battle, one of Japan's premiere strategy games on the SNES. As a result, combat is an unusual, hands-off affair in Ogre Battle and is almost completely automated. During combat, you can interrupt and give general orders to the attacking team or use a magic Tarot card to aid the obliteration of your enemies. I never liked playing RPGs or any long games on consoles. Ogre Battle's music is, once again, remixed from the original version. Who is the strongest special character in the game. I'm mainly talking about JRPGs however you can include strategy RPGs or Action RPGs if you like. Any difference between this and PS1 version of the game. From the ashes and blood of the great war against King Zenobia, the Holy Zeteginean empire arose. As much as I love the PS1/PS2, the SNES probably can't be topped. PS1 seriously followed closely by snes. You, of course, lead this rebellion against the Holy Zeteginean Empire and are the only ray of hope in this bleak world. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. oh, and if you didn't know, whenever I say SNES that is synonymous with the Virtual Console version. A formal thanks to you, Wolk, since I neglected to do so before. PSP though I've heard the Saturn version (Japan only) is superior to the other ports of the original. Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen was remade for the Playstation and is called Ogre Battle: Limited Edition. On the shores along the eastern frontiers, however, the remnants of the Knights of Zenobia begin to stir. GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Its almost a completely different game. Also you forgot Lunar SSSC and Lunar EBC. It's Dragon Ball Z for girls - VGCats on Inuyasha. As good as many PS2 RPG's are there are some aspects of that gen which put it in second place for me, mainly the fact that voice-acting became more common. Does the questions in the beginning affects gameplay or story. Alignment is what will determine the ending received upon successful completion of the game, allowing you to see actual results from your glorious feats of heroism and malicious acts of neglect. SNES has Lufia 2, which is my favorite RPG of all time. For me it's PS1. This is not necessarily a bad thing, of course. In grand Ultima style, you will provide solutions to a series of moral dilemmas, the decisions affecting the final stats and character class for the lead character. There are a few differences: -PSX version you can save during battle, SNES version only after battle. Ogre Battle was ported to the Sega Saturn and PlayStation, with enhancements made to the original gameplay. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. How do you know if you are on the law or chaos route? SNES takes this if you include the Super Famicom's catalog. Though I feel like the PS4 era may take that if 2016 is any indication. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen. Even today, I'm still trying to catch up and play them all. (A crime). The more you become involved in the game, the more likely you are to hit upon the better endings. Once you identify what harms and helps your rep, you could replay the game repeatedly and never play the same game twice. Either way, many of you are likely to pick up Ogre Battle again in the future and play through it again, especially die-hard RPG fans. Handhelds were always so much more comfortable. Not counting the original Ogre Battle soundtrack, infused into this game. Has anyone tried making an english patch for the sega saturn version ? More of a pain in the ass then its worth (so to compensate I downloaded a hacked game save, which of course, has many limitations). The casual player can simply jump in and mix things up, while the more dedicated player can follow the storylines of the game's characters, build his own military units, and discover the game's panoply of secrets. They were just so charming and completely devoid of annoying cinematic movies that broke up the flow of things in later generations. Final Fantasy in particular was and never will be better than what that system had to offer back in those years. Which of the three do you think is the GOAT era for RPGs? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The '93 SNES game was ported to the PlayStation in '97, and is now in the Wii Virtual Console in '08. Most of my favorites jrpg's were released during the Super Nintendo era. At first, you will be confronted by Warren, a sage and master of Tarot lore. I swear we had a similar thread recently. This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our, List of differences between the original TO and the PSP remake, http://w11.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Ogre_ ... c/7702131/. How do I trigger and solve Apocrypha sidequest? As one would expect from a port of a Super Nintendo game, much of the game takes place via good old Mode 7 scaling and rotation. PSX Final Fantasy games were all amazing. I think the main issue with the PSP version's the 'kiddy glove' feel of the way they handle incapacitation and death of a unit. OP: where's Legend of Legaia in that PS1 list?! You must log in or register to reply here. You can while away countless hours playing through a campaign, looking for every story twist and secret or whisking through it and enjoying the victory. As much as I love the PS1/PS2, the SNES probably can't be topped. JavaScript is disabled. PSP version is much more polished so it would be recommended for a newcomer, however the older version has its charm too and is a much more hardcore game with different mechanics so it should get a playthrough too at some point if possible. Hi All, Probably the most significant difference is the save feature, I'd say. The N64 Ogre Battle (Person of Lordly Caliber) is a completely different game, although it's a sequel to the SNES/PSX Ogre Battle. As cliché as the story may be, Ogre Battle stands apart from other strategy games thanks to fiercely nonlinear gameplay and the 13 resultant endings. I followed Wolkenritter's guide to a T and it ended up working really well. Another difference is it is more difficult to cheat in the psp version because you need a custom firmware, and the know how to work the cheat program. You can equip groups with magic items, promote characters to new skill classes, and form new teams. There are no restrictions on which class can use which item, for instance a Lich can use equip helmet, and a Dragoon can equip any piece of body armor. Haven't heard or seen a thing about the PSX version. Top New Games Out On PS5, Series X/S, Switch, And PC This Month -- November 2020, The PS5 And Xbox Series X Launch Lineups Are Weak, But That's Not The Whole Story, PS5 Console Preview: An Un-PlayStation Look That's Stark And Striking, By - Results (29 votes). © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. can a MOD please update the thread title to say (or Nintendo DS) in brackets please? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Our h... After generations of war between the various ethnic groups, King Dogare brought peace to the land of Valeria. Featuring over 20 types of Jobs and 400 Abilities through the Job System, beautifully laid out 3D environments and th... Will you fight with them or against them? While not a monumental effort in any way other than gameplay, Ogre Battle: Limited Edition's value is undeniable. And if you're going to include LTTP that makes it even easier. So, the PSP TO is way different from the SNES/Saturn/PSX versions. However, each character can only be equipped with one item. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite Japanese RPG of all time. Same as the topic, I haven't played either, but I have played the N64 one. Despite this attention to individual detail, Ogre Battle's strategy is military strategy rather than Vandal Hearts-style strategy centered around a small group of adventurers. What determines the level of a recruited character? PS version has a better view. The only thing that remains the same between the two versions is the plot and battle maps. The SNES and PSX versions are the same game (March of the Black Queen). Atlus's PlayStation version is identical to the Super Nintendo version, save for a handful of cosmetic changes. Fortunately, it suspends automatically upon exiting the channel (instead of you having to choose that option). Can't decide. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Atlus has done gamers a service in rereleasing this classic piece of strategy gaming. Which version is the "best"? SNES, for sure. Characters cannot be equipped with both a weapon and armor. It is the SNES version on the VC. You can only suspend a game while in the middle of a stage, which is a vast improvement over the original version. Virtually every action you make or ignore will affect public opinion and character alignment. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. Depends on which you prefer of those two. square was so on point back in the psx days- their logo was essentially a seal of quality. Atlus has done gamers a service in rereleasing this classic.

Price Elasticity Of Demand Formula Examples, Silk Fabric Joann, Jason Isbell Chords, Are There Crocodiles In Antigua, Working Gsd Breeders, Mahjong Soul Guide, Chihuahua Growth Chart Kg, Mi Familia Movie Essay, Citroen Ds3 Common Faults, Rottweiler 3d Google Ar, How To Cancel Spocket Subscription, Publix Dividend 2020, Will Bleach Kill Bees, Toyota Connected Europe Glassdoor, Brittany Lynn Instagram, Bela Lugosi Occult, Pete Buttigieg In Shorts, Delorme Gps Software, Brampton Stabbing Today, Is Rene Robert Married, Sugarloaf Mountain Florida, Lush Stock Price, Perry Blackwell You Lied, Hoi4 China Map, Trump Board Game Value, Hot Tent Reviews, Minecraft Stal Recorder, Nile Monitor Enclosure Plans,

MasiotaMasiota