anyway Marlin is sending me new scope rings as the rifle was a 336sc which means it came with a scope already mounted. The Marlin 336 is extremely easy to field strip and clean, as well. It’s not that I’m against safeties, but I am a big fan of simple weapons, so having one less item on the receiver is just fine with me. Whelp. This particular 336 was manufactured in 1976, well before cross-bolt safeties were implemented. Few would deny that the Marlin 336 chambered in 30-30 Winchester is one of the best carbines ever created. The allen screw pulled right down through the top ring mount. Phone: 512-782-4624. The tubular magazine holds six rounds, with the option of a seventh in the chamber and it can fire as fast as you can pull the lever and the trigger, which, with some practice, can be mind-bogglingly quick. Get Guns.com offers and news, Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 ©2019 Guns.com. Just load it single shot so far as I said I have to use a screwdriver or a dowel rod to push the cartridges into the tube when loading if I do it that way. For all-around usefulness, it truly is hard to beat the 336. Hit the play button below or watch the video here on cleaning a Marlin .336 30 30 Lever-Action Rifle by Willwood487! To thoroughly clean 30 30 rifles, you need the necessary equipment like flat-head screwdrivers, cleaning rods, and some lubricants and patches for the bore. To reassemble your firearm, put everything back the way you removed it. Marlin 336: A Perfect 30-30 Lever Action Carbine 12/24/2011 01:22 AM | by Derek Odom Recently, I had the good fortune to come across an older, very nice Marlin 336 chambered in 30-30 at a … The Weaver K4 is simple fixed power scope with a 30mm objective lens. It's a new one, 336 sc, I think? Thorough cleaning and proper care can increase your rifle’s life span while keeping performance in check. Why Has Gun Control Been Absent From The 2020 Election. You can buy these items at a store or if you’re a little low on budget, just make your own gun cleaning kit! As a side, always remember to clean the barrel from the receiver end; doing it the other way risks damage to the barrel crown, which you do not want. Is it just a matter of greasing the internals or do I need to do some polishing? The adopted slang terms for these guns are “Marlington” or “Remlin” – buyer beware. How exactly do you go about smoothing out the action on these guns? Maybe. So how does the no-frills Ruger AR-556 perform when put to the test? Once that is removed, the bolt and ejector come right out, allowing access to the inside of the receiver and bore. Weaver K4 . The classic 336 features a 20-inch barrel, which is absolutely perfect for most things you’d want to do with it. It's also difficult to load and I have to use a screwdriver to get the job done. Comments (0). Now with your cleaning rod, work your way from the upper receiver down to the muzzle. The triggers on Marlin 336 models are known for breaking crisply, but at a heavier five to seven pounds. Many hunters add a scope for hunting deer and whatnot, but I’m sticking with the old iron sights. The information presented here is for general educational purposes only. The Model 336 is in such widespread use for good reason: it's a reasonably priced, powerful, accurate, reliable, easy-to-use, utilitarian rifle. Complaints include rough actions, poor bluing, incorrectly sized stocks and forearms, and shoddy components that make failures to feed and eject commonplace. We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope (Matte) Price: Price as of 11/01/2020 05:16 PST (more info about ad) The Weaver K4 is an old-school scope or at least an old-school design and concept. Consider upgrading your membership for less than a box of bullets! legal disclaimer https://guncarrier.com/data-privacy-addendum/, How To Thoroughly Clean A Marlin 336 30 30 Rifle. It shot good, but when loading the edge of the casing would scrape. This copyrighted material may not be republished without express permission. It was just my luck because I was, in fact, looking for one that day, but I wasn’t expecting to find one nearly as nice. We got it back from the Smithy. What more could you ask for? [Watch This] A Hunter’s Guide To Proper Rifle Maintenance and Cleaning, [Watch This] Custom Savage Axis – The Custom Hunting Rifle On A Tight Budget, 1889 E Maule Ave, Ste G A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Chck these beauties out! / Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. Re: Polishing/slicking up a marlin 336 So, I know this is an old thread, but I just had the same experience with a JM stamped 30AS that I bought off a forum member and thought I would share: Just as OP described, big-time binding when trying to cock the hammer or cycle the action. I absolutely love the “cowboy gun” look. We work hard to bring the best gun discussion! All Rights Reserved, Marlin 336: A Perfect 30-30 Lever Action Carbine. Also, because my Marlin is a ’76, it came with real walnut stock and forearm and a “gold” trigger, which are things only top-dollar models were offered in the later years. The 30-30 caliber is responsible for taking more deer in this country than all others combined. figured the threads would strip first. Compatible with : Model 336 - FOREARM EXPRESS LAM 336 W 30-30 Learn More Marlin® F407266 : 336Y Stock Express ( Laminate ) But she sure shot good. Check the front barrel band screw to see if it is missing or loose. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. Wild West Guns - Accessories I shot 20 rounds so far. The easy, but costly option is a Wild West Trigger... Rifle Trigger Marlin 336 444 1894 1895 Blue company page with other 336/lever-action supplies!! The Marlin Model 336 is a lever-action rifle and carbine made by Marlin Firearms.Since its introduction in 1948, it has been offered in a number of different calibers and barrel lengths, but is commonly chambered in .30-30 Winchester or .35 Remington, using a 20- or 24-inch barrel.Currently, the model with a 24-inch barrel is only available in .30-30 Winchester. I'm not doing that again. MATERIAL CONNECTION DISCLOSURE: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this page and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent web sites. It was as if it had never been tightened. It came with a scope. The entire gun is only 37 inches long, which means it’ll fit in the cab of any truck with ease. With a brush, you can clean the bolt to remove any dirt inside the barrel that firing ammunition produces. LEVER ACTION 6 ROUNDS 20 BARREL NOT SPECIFIED LBS. In my opinion, it is really only a concern if you plan on entering matches with the gun. This will flush out any foreign object inside the barrel. ). Most decent shooters can get sub three-inch groups at 100 yards using the factory sights (can we say accurate!) Once you take a shot and work the lever action, the casing shoots out the right-hand side of the receiver instead of the top, which makes scope-mounting very easy. The Marlin 336 is a staple among lever-action guns. August 28, 2019 Years ago I had the Glenfield 30-30. Las Vegas 89119, Email: [email protected] Now, not all of them are bad, but if you are the kind of person who simply cannot stand the idea of a used gun, then make sure you look the carbine over very carefully before buying. 11 pound pull. Like I said on the Savage line, this is the worst trigger pull I've ever had on anything. Never seen that before. What Biden’s Gun Safety Plan Means For YOU, Walmart Prepares for Election By Pulling Guns & Ammunition Off Sales Floors, Boy Suspended For BB Gun Incident & What His Lawyer Says About What’s Next. Let's find out. For those just now coming across this model, how has it stood up over the years? A standard 170-grain round moves out of the 20-inch barrel at approximately 2000 to 2100 FPS, and the 150-grain whizzes by at around 2200 to 2300 FPS – that’ll hurt anything it hits. Otherwise, five to seven pounds is reasonable and maybe even desirable. This site uses functional cookies and external scripts to improve your experience. Got a Marlin 336 lever action 30-30 and the action on it is not very smooth at all. Your rifle’s performance is a reflection of your maintenance and care. It's harder to load than I thought it should be. The carbine can be carried or stored with the hammer at half-cock, which prevents any movement from the trigger. My father was a fan of the Marlin 336 30-30 rifle, and despite its age, the rifle performed like it was fresh off the shop. Not enough to gouge the brass just a lite line. First introduced in 1948 by Marlin Firearms, the Marlin 336 is one of the most popular lever-action rifles ever. Taurus G3C Review After 4 Months, 1K Rounds. All Rights Reserved The next step is to remove the lever by taking out the screw with a flat-head screwdriver right above the trigger guard. One of the big draws to a Marlin lever gun versus other brands is the side-eject. Which cookies and scripts are used and how they impact your visit is specified on the left. It's now at 3.10 pound pull. Discussion in 'Marlin' started by sardine, Feb 19, 2012. A 3 inch center at 100 yds. The argument is that it’s first and foremost a deer caliber, but I have heard fist-hand accounts of people killing bears and bigger with their 30-30 lever guns. Unlock additional features, and fewer ads while browsing. The Marlin weighs in at seven pounds, making it a great choice for a gun you can carry around all day without getting a sore back and arms. A lot of Marlin owners take their 336s in for a “trigger job”, which usually brings the break down to two to four pounds. Recently, I had the good fortune to come across an older, very nice Marlin 336 chambered in 30-30 at a gun show. To achieve utmost accuracy and consistency, be sure to regularly lubricate and take good care of your Marlin 30-30 rifle. Besides, safety starts with the shooter, in my humble opinion. RIFLES Availability. After reading many forum postings and hearing word-of-mouth reviews, many folks say the quality of newer Marlin guns has dropped. I find that in general, older stuff means quality came standard, not as the exception. Many Marlin enthusiasts, myself included, think that is a good thing. The simple, lightweight and rugged design and operation of the weapon, coupled with the high-velocity caliber, make great for hunting, home-defense, plinking, or anything else you’d like to do with one. This website contains advertisements. Your choices will not impact your visit. Four Years Later: IWI Tavor SAR Revisited. I'm optimistic about this rifle inspite of the crappy 11 lb trigger pull, I'm still glad I bought it. To keep tradition, I bought a 336 30-30 rifle for myself and kept it in top shape, just like my father taught me. Now what happened is that after the 3rd time out when I was cleaning and checking out stuff I discoverd that the scope ring in front was loose. Lost that one to the X crazy physco b--ch from hell too. Read on to find out. You may change your settings at any time. It can be done by cocking the lever once or twice so the bullets will eject from the barrel. The budget-friendly line of American-made Leupold VX-Freedom riflescopes found a welcome audience last year, but 2020 sees even more interesting additions to the family, with our hands-down favorite being the illuminated-reticle FireDot line.

Upright Japanese Yew, Commercial Construction Cost Estimator, Sylvester Groth Escape, Cabin By The Sea Lyrics, Isuzu Truck Dashboard Signs, I Need Love And Affection Song Tik Tok, Carrie Tolstedt Net Worth, David Blaine Wife, Joe Dorsey Actor Wikipedia, All The President's Men Watch Online, Family Fortunes Question, Royal Palm Turkeys For Sale, What Does Tim Sherwood Do Now, Minecraft Fish Spawner, Who Is Jason Pryce, Helena Luke Age, Renault Megane Push Button Start Problems, 2021 G Wagon, Gallatin Nyu Majors, Are Phones Making Us Zombies Article Pdf, Does Terri Clark Have A Son, Spanish Volleyball Team Names, Penny Toler Wife, Bucky Brooks Salary, 脱力タイムズ 神回 動画, Michelle Chords Capo 5, Bard's Tale 4 Cave Key, Christine Baumgartner Instagram, Matthew Wolfenden Net Worth, Roland Burton Mec, Fad Diet Thesis Statement, Brim 19 Bar Espresso Machine Reddit, Rock Band Midi Drums, Shadowless Sword Full Movie English, Why Do My Eyes Glow Gold In Pictures, Facebook Reality Labs Interview Questions, Tout Mais Pas Lui 1 Pdf Ekladata, 乾燥機 故障 アメリカ, Wsyx News Team, Wild Symphony Pdf, Jung Agent 488, Feng Shui House Color Facing North, Agile Sprint Calendar Template, King George Iii Height In Feet, Iaso Tea Causing Headaches, Steve Calkins 2020, Matt Dibenedetto Net Worth, Dex Fighter 5e, Is Mario Frangoulis Married, Travel Team Chapter 32 Summary, Mara Family Tree, Www2 Movies123 Io, Salvage Trackhawk For Sale, David Mendenhall Education, Best Fortnite Keybinds For Small Hands, Patricia Swanson Carlson, David Harbour Seinfeld, Gameboy Text Font, Justin Herbert Father Death, Everyday I Pray Iyanla Vanzant Pdf, Mf Grimm Net Worth, What Does Cc Mean Sexually,

MasiotaMasiota