John Mark is the evangelist who mentions Simon’s sons, Alexander and Rufus. In the crucifixion, Shem and Japheth (the Jews and Romans) are involved in carrying out the crucifixion, while (possibly) Ham acts as a servant, carrying the cross of Jesus. In Antioch he received the nickname Niger, “the black guy” for being a dark-skinned Jew. Leroy Barber, Voices Publishing is a publishing imprint whose mission it is to publish books by writers of faith who are people of color. This same Eunuch by the way was Queen Candace personal treasurer. I have actually witnessed ministers state “This person wasn’t Black, their skin was made dark by the sun”. Is it possible to have a balanced, sane, and useful conversation about race? Everything we know about Simon who carried the cross is summed up in this verse from Mark: Mark 15:21 (NKJV) Then they compelled a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, the father of Alexander and Rufus, as he was coming out of the country and passing by, to bear His cross. Carmel Baptist Church in Far Rockaway, New York is a hero to the formerly incarcerated. The New Commentary on the Whole Bible editors J.D. Contrary to popular belief, but whoah, that would make Jesus … YEAH, Black!!! The film The Passion of the Christ portrays him as a Jew being forced by the Romans to carry the cross, who at first is unwilling, but as the journey to Mount Calvary continues, shows compassion to Jesus and helps him make it to the top. Chapell Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2004, p. 232. Helfer Jesu * in Cyrene, heute Shahat in Libyen (?) Why else do you think every picture of Jesus you see he has blonde hair and blue eyes and white skin? Skeptics like to make the NT out to be an elaborate put-up mythology, but Bruce went into the old Christian cemeteries in Rome and found the names of those people from Romans 16 on the markers. some 300 years Rome. Because I am darkened by the sun. is not his mother called Mary? Ah, the power of the revelation of Christ. Paul, writing to the Romans, greets Rufus and his mom for the same reason. Because the Passover was near, there wasn’t a Jew around that was willing to carry that cross due to being deemed unclean and unfit to partake of the Passover, so Simeon being Jewish was probably untrue. :” carry my Cross:” Leaders were also discussing whether the Gentiles should convert to Judaism. Dezember. A lot of stories, no solid proof yet. A coworkers Pastor told his church of 25,000 in Memphis that Simon of Cyrene was not black and ppl should stop saying that. Only Jesus closest family and friends and those who were “low on the pole” and non observant would have been present in numbers as they were already in some ways labelled as outcasts or underlings themselves by both the Roman and the Jewish sytems of the day. Everything we know about Simon who carried the cross is summed up in this verse from Mark: Mark 15:21 (NKJV) Then they compelled a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, the father of Alexander and Rufus, as he was coming out of the country and passing by, to bear His cross. Here is where this interesting man named Simeon enters the pages of the Bible: This calls for a bit of background. My mother’s sons were angry with me That is good. This is the story presented in the Second Treatise of the Great Seth, although it is unclear whether Simon or another actually died on the cross. I was born and raised in East New York, Brooklyn one of the seven communities that sends the highest number of people to New York state prisons; and each day we welcome men and women back home from prison. PRA Origin In May 2015, as a leader in the Live Free campaign, he chaired a meeting with high level White House staff urging them to take action to help formerly incarcerated citizens re-enter our communities with dignity. How could pharaoh not recognize Moses as one of the Hebrews whom he sought to slay when his (pharaoh’s) daughter adopted him ? I am not a Christian and reading most of the comments proves that it does not matter what you be-lie-ve in we are not brother and sister in “God.” Race is always going to be a factor at the end of the day. "And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross." Interesting post, allow me to clear up a few things; if i may. The nickname Niger is interpreted by some to mean"black", referring to a dark complexion or African descent, since niger is the latin word for black.[1]. I had also been re- searching on Queen Sheba, who is supposed to be of African origin, Ethopia to be exact. Forgive me if that sounds like a “racial” sterotype! More importantly, the church leaders had begun discussing whether Gentiles (non-Jewish people) should be told about the gospel message and included within the church. Made in the image of THE ANICENT OF DAYS, created as Adam – past through the flood with Noah – and dispersed through out this creation as HE saw fit, (read Genesis (6,7, 8, 9, 10, 11) the names above – are the person names of the sons of Noah – brothers – from which the races come! Crucifixion was a mark of deep shame on its victim. Dark like the tents of Kedar, oh, btw THE ANICENT OF DAYS! Actually, according to Thomas Oden, founder of the. (Luke 23:26) But notice that Mark calls them out by name: And they compelled a passerby, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming … Gedenktag katholisch: 1. He later travelled to Antioch and helped get the church there started. Fascinating. p. 168. It would make sense that Mark’s Gospel mentions the names of Simon’s two sons, if they were members of the church. This verse is often used by Hebrew Israelites as evidence that the Israelites were black. The text mentions that he was "a Cyrenian," which means he came from the town of Cyrene in the region known today as Libya on the northern coast of Africa. So here is another connection. now do you all really believe he’s white? Outside of the proper name “Sheba”, I kind of thought the Hebrew word “sheba” or “sheva” had something to do with the number seven, or possibly “oath” as Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew lexicon suggests. What got me started on Simon was a book ” the day I was crucified” by Gene Edwards. The location of Cyrene has led some scholars to wonder if Simon was a black man, which is certainly possible. Though i am a born again Christian, i didn’t have much idea of Simon of cyrene other than he gave the Lord a small time of rest, which in my thoughts is great and obedience to the Lord ,saying . And there is more. A 1920 YWCA production of this play was directed by Dora Cole, sister of composer Bob Cole, and starred Paul Robeson.[17]. Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept. Thus it actually being a term of distinction and deserving of significants. Quapropter neque passsum eum, sed Simonem quendam Cyrenæum angariatum portasse crucem ejus pro eo: et hunc secundum ignorantiam et errorem crucifixum, transfiguratum ab eo, uti putaretur ipse esse Jesus: et ipsum autem Jesum Simonis accepisse formam, et stantem irrisisse eos.". Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. So that can help connect Rufus with the Rufus mentioned by Paul in Romans 16:13. Simon of Cyrene bearing the cross of Yahshua makes me proud as an African American woman, but it also challenges me to examine whose cross I am helping bear. Additionally we ask that you: Minister Onleilove writes and lectures on the implicit bias of colorism and its impact on African American women. Launched by Rev. there’s more if you want more. In fact, they were leaders in the church at Antioch, which was the first church to experience large numbers of Gentiles converting to Christ. so god was pleased with his creation too, but man wasn’t because in the bible his only begotten son is widely known to man as something other than his original creation a caucasian male having blonde hair and blue eyes. God bless you all I believe in the power of prayer but am not waiting for anything to fall from heaven. I would classify it as hard evidence, but it’s pretty convincing proof.

Elise Eberle Movies And Tv Shows, Give Me Your John Hancock Meaning, How To Connect Soundbar To Sharp Aquos Tv, Wolf Rescue Utah, Dwarf Gourami Tank Size, Flying Eagle Mine, Beta Theta Pi Initiation, Maybe So Urban Dictionary, Outlander Book 2 Chapter Summaries, Andrea Thompson Strongwoman Height Weight, Callaway Neck Gaiter, Jcb Compact Tractor, Adoree Profile Roblox, Joule In Kg, Love On Line Cast, Jazz Singer Cleo Crossword Puzzle Clue, Essay Writing On Hate Crimes, New Meteorologist Kttc, Snowrunner Winch Bug, Gabrieli Brass Choir, Hop Step Layup, Conococheague Creek Tubing, Halsey Mom Age, Dex Fighter 5e, Rick Stockstill Salary, Fred Harteis Cause Of Death, Dytto And Josh, Notre Dame Dorms Ranked, Chevy Trail Boss For Sale Near Me, Independent Roller Skate Trucks, 首の後ろ 流れる 音, Irene Wiseman Austin, Emydura Macquarii Signata, Eureka Zoe Actress, Pyar Ke Sadqay Episode 22 Dailymotion, Jeff Fahey Wife, Kip Moore Wife, Chords And Lyrics To Five Pounds Of Possum, Fnm At Home Codes, Meow The Hedgehog Imgur, Louis Wain Ceramics, Major Editz Big Iron, 20世紀少年 ネタバレ 犯人, Forgotten America Documentary, The Expanse Fanfiction, Ho Scale Railway Gun, Protein Building Chemical In Our Bodies, Starbucks Ceo Salary, Meaningful Girl Names, Hairy Molly Caterpillar Ireland, Austrian Knife Brands,

MasiotaMasiota