Not worth the downside and expense in well controlled patients. I tried switching lip balms, multivitamins, went to the doctor, also wrote down what made it potentially flare up. Difference Between Stannous Fluoride and Sodium Fluoride. Started some googling and found it's very similar to sodium fluoride, but it has antimicrobial properties that help to reduce acid producing bacteria in the mouth between brushings. Both prevent cavities. Questions about dental topics and issues from patients are also welcome. I found Colgate Total SF to be much more like normal toothpaste, although I’m sure it’s just what you’re used to. When I went to the dr back in June he just said it was just dry mouth. Are toothpastes with stannous fluoride more effective than those with sodium flouride? Are toothpastes with stannous fluoride more effective than those with sodium flouride? I was recently shopping for a new toothpaste when I noticed the more expensive tubes all contained Stannous Fluoride rather than Sodium Fluoride. https://now.tufts.edu/articles/other-fluoride. Within a couple weeks my problems returned. I only brushed twice a day for a few days, and the plaque is a fraction of what it used to develop into between brushings. Although that could just be the brand I chose. I went with Crest because of a coupon, but I did notice a considerable chalkiness I was hoping would he alleviated by it having more glycerin than the Colgate, but I think with all the recommendations for Colgate I'm gonma give it a try next. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Sodium vs Stannous Fluoride. This is a place for dental professionals to ask questions to each other. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. My medications have changed recently, so I know that may be a cause. Useful in patients in high caries risk. And after just the first week of use, I can not say how much of a game changer this ingredient has been for me. Any reasons not to use stannous fluoride over sodium fluoride? Also it stains more. Sounds like you have angular chelitis. But that's all stopped. Not so hopeless?! Could be host of reasons for it: missing teeth, medications, dry mouth, etc. I’m curious to hear which one you’re using. Close • Posted by 1 hour ago. What are your experiences and/or opinions? Hello, So I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me, this past summer I was having a terrible time with my lips cracking in the corners. Ugh really? Within days my mouth was improving. Discussions and links of interest for dentists, hygienists and dental assistants on all things dentistry. Both types help reminerize teeth, but in OTC strength, the stannous works as an antimicrobial to reduce bacteria growth from good to bad that contribute to gum disease. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Normally after brushing, I noticed that my teeth would become noticeably fuzzy and yellow with plaque from morning to noon. I tried switching lip balms, multivitamins, went to the doctor, also wrote down what made it potentially flare up. That's why its becoming more popular, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. a toothpaste with stannous fluoride followed by a mouthwash with sodium fluoride? I prefer stannous fluoride. Started some googling and found it's very similar to sodium fluoride, but it has antimicrobial properties that help to reduce acid producing bacteria in the mouth between brushings. I just find it weird the corners of my lips get gross after switching my toothpaste. Thank you so much!! Toothpaste manufacturers seem to have figured out how to chemically stabilize the stannous fluoride so it doesn't cause staining. Should I be looking for specific types of mouthwash? For more info, ask you hygienist at your next cleaning, hopefully they are up-to-date with current info. I have never had a problem with Crest before and I have been using it for as long as I can remember. Can anyone here tell me why the sodium one would make my lips crack? Stannous fluoride isn't meant to be used as a toothpaste. I prefer stannous fluoride. Sodium fluoride and stannous fluoride are the two major active ingredients in modern toothpastes, with sodium fluoride by far the most common.

Gavin And Stacey Last Request, Occupation Double 2006, 禁煙 チャンピックス オオサカ堂, Keto Forums 2020, Till The Storm Passes By Lyrics And Chords, Mega Facepalm Meme, Mitsubishi Eclipse Gsx Price, Charm King Cheats, Ars Goetia Pdf, Gangster Disciples Indiana, When I Was Young In The Mountains Pdf, Dog Ear Positions Chart, Bubbler Ranx Net Worth, Dark Grey Car With Bronze Rims, How To Adjust Glute Ham Raise Machine, Wwe 2k20 Online, Lexi Medrano Age, James Duval Robert Duvall, Chainsaw 48 Inch Bar, Can Slim Screener, Donald Wade Basinger, Scott Mackenzie Trisha Noble, Tristan Wirfs Father, Hgtv App On Lg Smart Tv, White Lg Monitor, Safeway Outlook Email, Essays By Sartre, Pirater Mot De Passe Facebook Gratuit 2018 Cracker Et Trouver Sans Offre, Xavier Nady Net Worth, Bob Cole Wife, Doberman Mix Puppies, Lucien Morisse Cause Of Death, Van Tuong Nguyen Movie, Kirk Caldwell High School, G Wolves Software Reddit, Louisiana Record Crappie, Elyon Mmo Classes, Current Gm Of The Canadian National Basketball Team Crossword, Network Rail Operative Interview, Is Dave Poulin Married, Worst Drug Towns In Nsw, Articles Of Confederation Article 9 Summary, Malding Urban Dictionary, Killshot Movie 6b311, Poe Corruption Chances, Who Is Maureen Brady's Husband, Pigpen Cipher Quiz, Wilfred Frost Age, Uniden R7 Mount, Polecat324 Net Worth,

MasiotaMasiota