Now that they have been: the RCMP can clearly see that they are actually SG-550 variants rather than SG540 variants as was initially claimed. FRT # 119588 Swiss Arms Heavy Metal Restrictions are also placed on detachable magazines with a capacity larger than 10 rounds. The second is a Superior Court (Divisional Court Application) challenging the reclassification decision itself. Does a person have to declare a gun and/or have an exporter on the Canadian side and an importer on the USA side to cross the border??? You would still need at least a Canadian Firearms license to legally purchase any firearm in Canada, unless it is an antique, or you go through a dealer licensed in both countries. And more expensive. But many people believe that alot of laws are just an unneeded  invasion of our privacy. FRT # 119484  Swiss Arms Edition. Foreign produced non-sporting rifles can only be imported for LEO and/or government agency use...or as approved sales samples for such entities. embrace your outdoors: TV-PressPass© 2020, FRT # 129006 Swiss Arms Black Special Carbine, FRT # 124216 Swiss Arms Classic Green Carbine, FRT # 124218 Swiss Arms Classic Green CQB. Cal. Its true that the gun can be fitted with a large magazine, but it does not come with one. Why You Should Use a Shotgun for Home Defense, Shotgun Basics: Identifying parts and functions, Handgun Basics: Identifying parts and functions, Rifle Basics: Identifying parts and functions, Introduction to Competitive Shooting Sports, American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine, Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi-auto, Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi-automatics, Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format, Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle, Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K-1, and K-2, F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun, Heckler and Koch HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3, Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun, Ruger mini-14 folding stock model (.223 caliber), Springfield Armory BM-59, SAR-48, G3, SAR-3, M-21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand, Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats, Weaver Arms "Nighthawk" semi-auto carbine, Patriot Ordnance Factory WarHog Lite PN-00703, Manufacture d' armes de Saint-Etienne MAS 49. I’ll do my best to update this blog as more legal challenges inevitably arise. FRT # 124216 Swiss Arms Classic Green Carbine Sales of Detachable MagazinesIn addition to the ban of weapons, the Firearms Safety Act makes it illegal to manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm. What Weapons are Prohibited in the State of Maryland His contact information: Ed Burlew LL.B. Correct me if Im wrong but the SIG sniper rifle comes with a small capacity magazine from the manufacturer. Alberta, Canada: The perfect place to play with black rifles, tactical shotguns, and all manner of other fun gear. Maryland State Police have shared this form for any weapon owners who wish to have their firearm's status reviewed. The SIG 552 hand guards are nothing more than a cut down SIG 550 hand guards with vent holes added. The “Canadian Law Comments” from within the FRT database reads: As you can see in this photo, all those rifles have now been labeled as prohibited in the database. Yes, I do consider the 550 a loose derivative of the AK. If you are still having problems, please contact our Customer Relations Department at 636-680-8051. FRT # 124218 Swiss Arms Classic Green CQB Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Va. voted (10-4) to uphold Maryland's Firearms Safety Act, stating that the banned firearms are not protected by the Second Amendment of the United States. The Swiss Arms Debacle clearly shows us that banning a gun based on its name or looks has no effect on public safety. Now that they have been: the RCMP can clearly see that they are actually SG-550 variants rather than SG540 variants as was initially claimed. Moderators:Will Durant, Moderator, StMarieSwissProducts, Parashooter, Pierre.theswissriflesdotcommessageboard, Swiss Products.theswissriflesdotcommessageboard, Pierre St Marie, Carlos diaopter, RockportRifle, Guisan, newtoswiss. If you can buy it chance are it will be confiscated upon your return to your side of the boeder without proper import papers. Here are the updated sections of federal firearms regulations. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Friday the addition of "assault-style" weapons to the list of prohibited Firearms in Canada. I understand that both Canada and the USA are trying to control what crosses the borders. It does not say SIG 550, or SIG PE 90, or anything else that I know of. At this time, the ruling does not affect the information presented above. ATFs determination banning such imports occurred in 1989 after a 1988 study of "sporterized" versions of military weapons that were being imported. If I were to go to Canada to buy the rifle directly from the owner on a person to person cash deal without any paper trail, could I simply take it across the Canada/ USA border ( and not declare the gun in any way ). They have helped me a number of times and have helped me avoid breaking the law due to ignorance. These rifles were not inspected when they were first imported 12 years ago. I have a few questions that I was hoping I can get help with; What I know is that every part designed for a specific modern firearm does require export and import (ATF) paperwork between countries, that not every part can be identified as such is another thing... Fight to your last cartridge, then fight with your bayonets. The Swiss Arms debacle should be a core reason for bill C-68 to be repealed. I would also like to throw in “SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber)” ... (seriously, that is the only difference between banned by name and good to go). FRT # 119587 Swiss Arms Black Special If a gun is in question then isnt it a matter of comparing the guns official name and model to the list of banned guns ( that are named by manufacturer and the official model of the gun). For any current owners of Swiss Arms: Solomon Friedman from FirearmsLaw.ca is preparing to contest the ruling under section 74 of the firearms act. Right now its the most reliable rifle I own, 3k+ rounds without a … Because the SG-550 is a prohibited firearm, the RCMP must conform to the firearms act and list them as a variant of a named prohibited firearm. I may be wrong but if the gun is not on the government list as a banned gun, then by default/definition the gun is not a banned gun???? If the SIG rifle is not designated as a 550, or PE 90, but instead is a different model then the US government may well consider it a sporting rifle of some kind. This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our, Kern 4x24/Dr. UPDATE: On February 2nd, 2016, a federal appeals court ruled that a lower court was wrong when it upheld Maryland's Firearm Safety Act. Wohler 4x7 Serial Number Survey, Canadian Swiss SIG rifles and the USA ban ( Swiss SIG 550 Sniper rifle/ Canadian import/ legal gun in Canada), Swiss Products.theswissriflesdotcommessageboard, http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.c...ions/pub/bsf5044-eng.pdf, http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca...ohibited-prohibe-eng.htm, http://www.atf.gov/firear...matic-assault-rifles.pdf, http://www.atf.gov/firear...matic-assault-rifles.pd. One is a class action for reimbursement from the RCMP, similar to how the Type 97 was bought back. And yet, to my knowledge, these prohibited firearms have not been used in a single crime. The Firearms Safety Act of 2013 is highly controversial legislation that bans certain rifles, pistols and shotguns, deeming them assault weapons. In order to check out, enable browser cookies and refresh the page. Anyways, the Beretta AR70 is essentially an Italian SIG 550. The 2-1 decision comes as a serious blow to the restrictive gun law, and could lead to lawmakers eventually overturning or amending the restrictions. It appears your browser does not have cookies enabled. UPDATE: On July 21st, 2017, a group of Maryland gun rights advocates, with the backing of the NRA, filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking the reversal of the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals decision to uphold Maryland's Firearm Safety Act. I just need another lower to turn mine into a 550 clone, I dumped the stupid fish gill handguards really fast for a set of green 550 ones. Current Weapons Grandfathered In"Assault weapons" possessed as of October 1, 2013 will be "grandfathered" in, meaning that if you already own a weapon that would be banned by the Firearms Safety Act, you can continue to possess and transport it. Sig5XX rifles are banned, but thankfuly Sig renamed a bunch the "SCM" so we can get them. Isnt the question what the manufacturer says about the gun and what is on paperwork about the gun. Consider what this classification means at its most basic level: These rifles, in the same category as AK-47s, have been freely owned and shot for the past 12 years, and now the majority of them aren’t even registered. That automatically makes it nicer than any other AK derivative. I also understand that the law is the law and as a USA citizen I should follow the law or take the chance to suffer the consequences of breaking the law if caught. All they know is what they are told and whats on paper. Simple example, someone in the USA needed SIG 210 magazines and my person as well as the recipient were legal to own these so I shipped them with a correct filled in customs declaration form to get them back  from the customs about 4 months later with just a warning - because it was a first time case- that the needed export and import permit forms were missing. Alternately, two court applications are being put together by Ed Burlew. The rifle, regardless of model designation, is ban from import to the US because it is foreign produced and considered non-sporting. This is true. SCOTUS has not yet decided whether it will review the case. DSA's imported thumbhole stocked, neutered flashhider SIG 550 is an example. This is a function of its design (ability to accept double stack high capacity magazines, separate pistol grip etc.)

How To Worship The Horned God, Bmw E21 Used Parts, Casssa Swimming 2019, Li Sao Poem Meaning, Kim Delaney Family, Brian Johnson Death, Trifloxystrobin Trade Name, Tucson Citizen Photo Archives, Rainmeter Visualizer Spotify, Crash Course Science Video Worksheets, Chivas Vs Juárez Live Stream, How Do Cnidarians Obtain Energy, Gopher Vs Chipmunk Vs Ground Squirrel, Ariana Biermann Net Worth, How To Check Inverter Ac Compressor, Meijer Store Map, Coco And Gavin Instagram, Tony Clark Wiki, Is Joe Macmillan Based On Mcafee, I Am Surviving Vegan 10 Day Detox, Every Coin Has Two Sides Essay, Curtis Island Camping, Randy Johnson Wife, Dinesh Paliwal Wife, Hma Vpn Key, Costco Takeout Pizza Calories,

MasiotaMasiota