He was an actor, known for 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957), Perry Mason (1957) and Rebel Without a Cause (1955). photos, My mother's [, View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro. Hopper's Drake alone provided the comic relief for the show. William Hopper Member of the Board. [5] His mother divorced his father in 1922 and moved to Hollywood with their son. Mr. Hopper had been with it since then. Yet Hopper stuck with it for eight years, supporting his wife, Jane, whom he had married in 1940, and his young daughter, Joan, who was born in 1947. How He has spend money? He became known for '50s film roles in Rebel Without a Cause and 20 Million Miles to Earth. [2][24][29] He was buried in Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier, California. He initially tested for the title role, while Raymond Burr read for the role of Mason's courtroom adversary, district attorney Hamilton Burger. Help us build our profile of William Hopper! After being demobbed, worked for nine years as a car salesman. Career faltered due to his lack of ambition and ambiguity towards the acting profession in general, and he returned again to bit parts. He ignored me," Hopper recalled. He had one older half-brother, John A. Hopper, from his father's second marriage in the 1880s. Hopper was born in New York City, the only child of singer and comic stage actor DeWolf Hopper (1858–1935) and actress and gossip columnist Hedda Hopper (1885–1966). [25] They had one daughter, Joan, born in 1947. But somehow Billy got me through. William Hopper was previously married to Jane Gilbert (1940 - 1959). William Hopper was born in New York City, NY on January 26, 1915. And when things got tough, Hedda was right there as usual, offering to buy Bill his own business. He married his second wife, Jeanette Hopper, in 1959. He became best known for his work as private detective Paul Drake in the CBS television series Perry Mason. [a][20] Hopper, too, was called back. After serving in the United States Navy during World War II, he left acting, but in the mid-1950s, he was persuaded by director William Wellman to resume his film career. We are here to clear up and debunk relationship stats, breakup & rumors surrounding William’s love life. He played Natalie Wood's character's father in Rebel Without a Cause. He died of pneumonia three weeks later, on March 6, at age 55. I didn't believe him. I'd been around them all my life. William Hopper's zodiac sign is Aquarius. In 1937, he portrayed the leading man in two films, Public Wedding with Jane Wyman and Over the Goal with June Travis. awards [15] He combined car sales and acting when opportunities came up during the advent of television. William DeWolf Hopper Jr. (January 26, 1915 – March 6, 1970) was an American stage, film, and television actor. Other Works [9]:57 "When I worked at Warner Bros.," Hopper said, "I was so scared I stuttered all the time. The only child of actor DeWolf Hopper and actress and Hollywood columnist Hedda Hopper, he appeared in predominantly minor roles in more than 80 feature films in the 1930s and '40s. He has ranked on the list of those famous people who were born on January 26, 1915. He starred in the science-fiction films 20 Million Miles to Earth and The Deadly Mantis, released in 1957.[5]. He had one child during his 19-year marriage to his first wife, Jane Gilbert, and his mother Hedda Hopper was a well-known Hollywood gossiper and journalist. He married his second wife, Jeanette Hopper, in 1959. He married his second wife, Jeanette Hopper, in 1959. Our team currently working, we will update Family, Sibling, Spouse and Children's information. After this, you're going to be in every picture I make.' He acted alongside Nancy Kelly in the Oscar-nominated horror film, The Bad Seed. Associated With. 50s television icon who was immortalized for his role as Paul Drake on over 250 episodes of the series, Perry Mason. He was 54 years old and had been hospi talized here for two weeks. [4] Hopper made his film debut as a baby in his father's 1916 silent movie Sunshine Dad. Stressful wartime military service in the Navy led to a drinking problem. [9]:61, The 1959 episode, "The Case of Paul Drake's Dilemma", had Hopper's character on trial for murder. He appeared on-screen before his second birthday in the 1916 silent film, Sunshine Dad. and more from FamousFix.com, William DeWolf Hopper Jr., Dewolf Hopper Jr., William Hopper, Actor (134 credits) Soundtrack (1 credit), www.allmovie.com/artist/william-hopper-p33228, www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/william_hopper/, University of Texas Classmate (uncredited), Pilot Telling Joe 'Tim Landed RAF Plane' (uncredited), Power Company Telephone Operator (uncredited), Frank Carson - Murdered Cashier (uncredited), Ship's officer reporting false alarm (uncredited), New York Reporter Covering Knute's Illness (uncredited), Lieutenant Reporting Murrell's Attack (uncredited), Man at Campaign Meeting Carrying Michael (uncredited), Clerk at Hotel Nino in Chicago (uncredited), Intern Going to See Operation (uncredited), Striped-Shirted Man at Beach (uncredited), Soldier Getting Radio Report from H4 (uncredited), Infant in carriage (as DeWolf Hopper Jr.). He became best known for his work as private detective Paul Drake in the CBS television series Perry Mason. William Hopper, Actor, Dies; Detective in ‘Perry Mason,’ 54. Right now, we don't have much information about Education Life. PALM SPRINGS, Calif., March 6 (Reuters)—William Hopper, an actor and the only, child of the late Hollywood columnist Hedda Hopper, died here today of a heart attack. She was famous for her hats, her peaches‐and‐cream complexion and her parties, as well as her tidbits about the stars. [5], Hopper became an actor because his mother expected it of him. In 1940, Hopper married actress Jane Kies, whose professional name was Jane Gilbert; she was the sister of Margaret Lindsay. William Hopper was born on January 26, 1915 in NY. https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/william-hooper-4199.php The only child of actor DeWolf Hopper and actress and Hollywood columnist Hedda Hopper, he appeared in predominantly minor roles in more than 80 feature films in the 1930s and '40s. Afterward, I thanked him. [13], In 1953, director William Wellman persuaded Hopper to resume his movie career with his 1954 film, The High and the Mighty,[17] opposite Jan Sterling. Well, I disliked what she stood for, but 'hate' is something else — and anyway he was perfect as Drake, and we got him. And that was Hedda Hopper. [11], In March 1936, Hopper — then working under the name Wolfe Hopper — won a contract at Paramount Pictures. He had one older half-brother, John A. Hopper, from his father's second marriage in the 1880s. [19] The following year he played a supporting role in the pilot episode of the television series The Restless Gun, which was broadcast as an episode of Schlitz Playhouse of Stars. [5], After that, he had roles that included playing a sergeant in the John Ford Western, Stagecoach (1939); an intern in The Return of Dr. X (1939); a college football player in Over the Goal (1939); and reporters in Knute Rockne, All American (1940), The Maltese Falcon (1941) and Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942). Three films he played in were released in as many months in 1937, “Footloose Heiress,” “Over the Goal” and “Torchy Blane, the Adventur ous Blonde.”. Mr. Hopper is the second “Perry Mason” star to die with in the last two years. I didn't dislike movie people, but they were nothing special to me. Resumed acting in 1954, eventually finding his niche as investigator Paul Drake, right hand man to Raymond Burr's 'Perry Mason', the role for which he is chiefly remembered. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. He said, 'Thank me, my foot. He died on March 6, 1970 in Palm Springs, California, USA. William Hopper was born on January 26, 1915 in New York City, New York, USA as William DeWolf Hopper Jr. He had one child during his 19-year marriage to his first wife, Jane Gilbert, and his mother Hedda Hopper was a well-known Hollywood gossiper and journalist.

Baker House All American, Colin Cunningham Vfx, Lee Eastman Jr, Smite Mulan Counter, How Flowers Are Used For Expressing Emotions, Paul Revere Important Events, Which Part Of The Brain Is The Site Of Intelligence, When To Euthanize A Horse With Cushing's, Father Flynn Character Analysis, Cdl Pre Trip Inspection Cheat Sheet, Coot For Sale Craigslist, Costco Goat Cheese, El De La H Meaning, Divine Beast Vah Ruta Chests, Rhel 7 Extend Root Partition, Carbon 14 Protons, Nando's Fino Coleslaw Recipe, Ramen Cabbage Salad Hawaiian, Comment Faire Des Guillemets Français Sur Un Clavier Hp, Human Foibles List, Marguerite Et La Bête Féroce Personnage, Kpmg International Case Competition 2020, What Does Hina Mean In Spanish, Millie And Chuck Amazing Race, Shayanna Jenkins Avielle Janelle Hernandez, Spiky Hair 2000s, Rpg Maker 2003 Tilesets, Jelly Belly Chocolate Frog Cards List, What Does The Stool Symbolize In The Lottery, Acnh House Plant List, Commander Ernest Krause Death, How To Make A Lightning Trail Roblox, Sayeret Matkal Weapons,

MasiotaMasiota